Sunday, August 17, 2014

Soccer Game


Well, I originally had a whole other blog entry already done and prepared about how I was able to go to Sandy, Utah and watch the RSL vs. Seattle Sounders FC MLS teams play. To be quite honest, I don't think I want to rehash the whole thing again. ugh... sorry peeps. (By the way, I laughed my butt off when I found out who SL was playing against!)

 

Long story short, Friday night Ryan Hales called and asked if I had plans for the next day. Even though I did, I still told him "no" and asked what I could do for him and Britt. He stated that they had an extra ticket to go to Utah, to the Rio Tinto Soccer Stadium, and if I wanted to go, I could meet them at their home at 0700 the next morning. I said yes and the next day we were on our way.

 

Utah was pretty. I was definitely wearing too much clothes. I felt hot and felt like I was going to pass out. I mean, come on, I had jeans and a light loose flower shirt on and I was melting! So, I rolled up my jeans making big cuffs in them so they would be capris. I'm glad I was at least wearing slippers! Geez.

 

While I was down there I felt I needed to get a hold of another battle buddy of mine who I knew was going to be in Utah. (He lives in Arizona with his two girls. We went to BCT and AIT together and kept in touch through both of our deployments.) Anyway, I sent him a picture of the soccer stadium. He was excited I was in Utah and wanted to say HI, but I didn't have the time and he was still working.

 

I didn't quite understand why I felt I needed to let him know I was in town, but he told me that he was heading back out overseas in October. No gear up - just packing up and heading out. As I thought about why I should want to say hello, it dawned on me that he needs closure. I don't think I'll have the time to come down and see him off before he heads out to Ranger school in September, but I do think I owe it to him to see that I've moved forward and to understand the reasons why I couldn't stay in a friendship where I kept being pulled in emotionally only when he needed me and then pushed away when crap was going on in his life. It hurt, but I was done. It took a while to move passed him, but I'm glad I did. I would have missed out on a lot if I hadn't. I'm not a toy and couldn't deal with the ups and downs, being tossed like a yo-yo. Sad thing is, shame on me for letting him do that and thinking that he'll be different with me. He's a good man, but not for me.

 

Anyway - that wasn't in the original posting, but I guess for some reason, that information needed to be on here.


Before we got to our seats I saw there were a bunch of latino eateries. Man alive - the food smelled soooooooo good. I had horchata (which wasn't mixed right), a churro (which was stale) and a palette (which was divine!!!!!!!).

 

The rest of the travel home was pretty much spent with me dozing in and out with the lulling of the car engine. I'm really glad I was able to go and have fun with Ry and Bean. I've missed hanging out with my friends (even though most of them are already married with children). OH! And they are expecting their first baby. They are 7 weeks along. I'm really excited for them. They will make great parents.

 

Okay my darling friends - it was an enjoyable time to be with you all on here. I hope you enjoyed my randomness of blogging about my life that has nothing really to do with the soccer game. LOL

 

Love and light!

No comments: