Sunday, August 24, 2014

Birthdays and West Yellowstone

Yesterday was my mom's birthday and also Brittney Jo (Hanson) Hales' birthday. It was a nice day. If I ever needed to take a day for myself, I can say that yesterday would have been that day for me. It started with a massage 2 hour massage from 8 - 10am. (Granted, I didn't fully relax and check out because it was a Functional Change report for one of the students, and I was her body to work on. Although I was giving her feedback and helping her to feel confident when it comes to working on the body - she did well, and I got to get worked on for a bit.)

I was then able to have brunch with Miss Jody, and Miss Kellee from Roberts. It was nice to sit, eat, and talk. (I don't really have a lot of friends I go and do things with, so meeting new people and getting to know them is always a nice thing.)



That afternoon I met Brittney and Ryan at their home for a lovely trip to Rexburg to pick up Bybers and then off to West Yellowstone to attend the Playmill. The last time the four of us went up to West Yellowstone was 2 years ago a few months after I got home from Hawai'i. It was nice to go up (although I took a nap all the way up there), and eat at the same little diner and see Beauty and the Beast. It was a packed house at the theatre, but it was also pretty fun. Lots of the characters cracked me up... and some of them irritated the peanuts out of me. (The really girlie girls that fall all over and swoon over Gaston... irrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiitating. lol)

At the end of the show, as we were walking to the car, I peeked into one of the shop windows and got totally giddy! The store was selling gem stones! I got so excited and asked my friends if it was alright to go in for a quick look. Well, we went in, and as I was oohing and aaaahing, I was educating my friends on the healing properties of the different stones. It was a lot of fun. I even saw that some of those stones were really cheap! Good quality and cheap!!!!!!!!! I made a mental note to come back for Christmas shopping. It was lovely.

The drive back to Idaho Falls was a long one. I stayed awake and talked to the drivers to make sure they stayed awake while driving. Idaho Falls couldn't come fast enough, but we made it back there a little after 11pm. By the time I ended up getting home it was about midnight.



I can't say that I was totally excited about getting up early this morning to work on one of the students (her massage was from 10 - 12)... yeah - it was rough to get OUT of bed. ha ha ha... However, it was a great massage. She definitely needed it.



Anyway, that's the majority of the day yesterday and today. I have a workout in the early morning at 6am. I am still at work and will probably stay the night as I get some things together for tomorrow. (I have to go to the armory to get some medical paperwork for my shoulder, and to see when and what time my sit-down appointment is to see if there are any other open MOS for our local area.) I'm also watching a friend's children tomorrow. Well, she's a friend of Jasmine's and I like her, but I have some reservations.... not sure why. Overall, she's a really cool person and I'm glad I get to help her with her children and watch them tomorrow. I think I'll take them to the museum or zoo, grab a late lunch, and then make dinner for their mom.

Okay - much love and light to one and all. Hope these pictures come up on here. LOL











No comments: