Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fighting, Yelling, Swimming, Time Outs, and Reunited

Well.... The title says it all! I baby sat again today and oh my! I don't know how I did it. I had to speak several times and raise my voice twice. How you mothers handle the arguing, fighting, yelling, pinching, hitting, biting.... I almost wanted to pin children up by their toes. Apparently I have a trigger when children start sassing, backing talking A LOT (continuously while I'm still attempting to talk), or when the start hitting each other while we're in a moving car and there's no place for me to pull over! Lol..... Oh goodness!

I think what about made me flip my lid was when one if the children twisted the other's arm and then put her hand over his mouth! I swear to Buddha It took everything in my power to not spout a potty mouth word and treat her like I would one of my Soldiers. That was definitely one of my raised voices moments and told her that was unacceptable.... that she could be upset and mad but was NOT allowed to do that to her brother who was almost 4 years younger. Blah! I honestly have to laugh about it or I'd burst out in teats or something.

Needless to say,  it was a rough day. Especially a rough morning. But moving on!

While the children finished whatever Netflix they were watching when I arrived, I prepared the lunch for the day and felt pretty proud of myself. (I even got some puppy commands training in with the scraps of human food I snuck them.) I wish I took a picture of all the treats and lunch I made. The children were so excited that they got their own lunch/goodie bag. I also had a bag with lunch and goodies. In theirs they had the following: peanut butter, honey, and jelly sandwich, carrots, and green and red grapes. In my bag I carried their left over pizza, extra carrots,  nectarines,  another sandwich, and a large container of cut up watermelon. Man, talk about yummy!!!!! Today at the pool rocked because the babies weren't complain that they wanted to leave because they were hungry.  Phew! Brownie points for me!

This evening I went and saw an old friend who moved to Oregon but was in town visiting for the week. It was really nice to see her and to also see some of my old friends I had gone to church with years ago. One of them I didn't know got married, another couple I hadn't seen since their second child was an infant and now they are expecting baby number 3 in a couple of weeks.... just so weird! I must admit, I found my comfort place at the grill. One of the other girls didn't know how to grill meat.... It was almost appalling. (Honey - I know you think that's hilarious that I was grilling "meat" even though I went on that week of giving up meat.... but yes, "I grilled" burgers and hot dogs, and even ate the meat. Yummy!!!!!! LOL)

It was a really nice little evening of catching up with old friends from years ago and seeing where people are in their lives now.

Tomorrow I am getting a massage (oh darn) and then will be in class. This weekend I am taking some CEU (continuing education unit) classes from my co-worker who is an acupuncturist.  He'll be teaching on accupressure, gua sha,  and cupping. I'm super excited!

Oh, and on a random note. ... I may be getting my nephew to help him with some recovery stuff. Who knows. Anyway. ... One Love! Happy happy!!!!!

No comments: