On Tuesday I suggested to the children that we make their mom dinner on Wednesday night, so after a long and somewhat chilled day we made dinner. For the dessert I decided that I'd make this awesome grape salad loaded with tons of sugar that is both yummy and would definitely hype up the children. The oldest helped me wash and dry the grapes and wanted to "draw a surprise" with the grapes. She asked how to spell my name and her you go! She especially loved that she had enough grapples to put a heart at the end of my name. That was too cute!
I gave the children a dollar each in quarters (that's all the cash I had on me) and for lunch we had pizza, salad, and I was definitely entertained by watching the children have fun and play games or get treats. It was especially entertaining watching Dominic play. He didn't need money to be entertained. He just played on everything anyway.
What would be a dinner without making chipmunk cheeks with the grapes?!? It was so much fun. I'm glad I was able to reach far enough away to get everyone in the photo. This us one if my favorite pictures for sure!!!!! Happy chubby cheeks!
Dominic was such a great helper mixing the secret ingredients for the dessert. I think he especially liked it when some of it would get on his arm or hands. That meant he got to stop and lock it off.
Although my day started with getting up at 515am, I'm glad the children didn't really wake up until 9 am. That gave me about an hour and a half nap before we were up and at 'em. Breakfast was oatmeal with molasses and organic raspberry flavoring. .. yummy! I had Aryana, the oldest, help me make breakfast.
Then, we got ready and headed to my work facility where Trent, Jasmine's husband, watched and played with the children for an hour and a half, while I got to get a massage for a massage final. (Oh darn, right?!? Lol)
After we left the facility it was lunch time.... hence the pizza and game picture above. Took them to Papa Tom's where the pizza is amazing!
Once they children were done eating and playing around we headed to the museum where we got to look at the exhibit "Race to the End of the Earth". It was really neat to see how the Norwegian and British teams raced to claim victory to be the first people to get to the South Pole. The trials and hardships they went through was immense! I know from my background and training that I could almost survive everywhere, but to build an entire underground village under ice, and to consistently live in -112° weather for at least 6 months is craziness. I definitely had a lot of respect for those men that went. I really enjoyed watching the children ooh and aah over the things they were seeing and experiencing. It reminded me of my sister - in - law Foeata and my brother, Keoki, because they home school their children and take them on all kinds of adventures like the one I did with my kiddos. It was fun.
Oh.... quick funny story. Well, I thought it was funny. We went grocery shopping after the museum so we could get the ingredients to make dinner, and Autumn was hanging on the cart by her brother. Well, you know what happens when siblings are in each other's space.... someone's going to end up crying, and it wasn't going to be me. Lol!!!! Well, not quite sure what happened but I turned to see Dominic latched on to Autumn's arm in a full mouth teeth grip and she's bursting into tears. My instant reaction has a nail flick to the arm and a stern "No biting". Dominic looked at me with shock and started crying really loud. I didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him. Long story short. .. There were these other mother's around us staring with the "poor thing" look on their face. Part of it I don't think it was for the children, but more for me! A single woman in a GROCERY store with 3 children. Yeah..... I think the pitty look was for me.
Anyway. ... The dinner and day was a success. NAcole needed that special dinner and surprise when she got home. It was a hard depressing day for her at work.
Today is my last day watching the children and we're going to the pool.... allllllll day! Wish me luck!
P.S. My darling..... I love you. XOXOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment