Friday, August 15, 2014

A Day Full of Happenings

I decided to start tackling my receipt piles that have been forming in various areas... my car, my receipt box, my purse, my "To File" pile, my "taxes" pile.... etc. It's pretty ridiculous. I can honestly tell you that sometimes having your own business is a bit more time consuming than most think. Not to mention you have to be self driven and motivated. I'm not saying that I'm not, just some days are a bit harder to stay motivated in things than other days.  Ugh...


Okay, I'm done complaining. While organizing, highlighting, and writing on the receipts, I had Pandora playing in the background. I found myself singing along to an island jam that I fell in love with when I was visiting O'ahu a few years ago. Here's the link:


She Gimmie Love - Collie Buddz


For some of you who have not heard this song, I hope you enjoy the chill vibe you get from it and appreciate the love you receive from your significant other. And for those who are single - I can totally relate to you - it's still a good jam. ENJOY!


Moving right along - this morning started pretty early with my internal alarm clock woke me about 0605, 20 minutes before my phone and watch alarms were to go off. I stayed in bed and listened to repeat messages on my phone and lost track of time. I jumped up, got in the shower, ate breakfast and got picked up by Jasmine to head to the school. There, we prepped for the Health Fair gathering a massage table, massage chair, and packing the event suitcase with items such as paper towels, hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes, sheets, a bunch of promotional brochures etc, and printed coupons with customized event information on it.


At the event, I ran into two of my battles from my unit. The first was 2LT Wilson. He was there representing Gold's Gym, of course he's attempting to get me to sign up.... and I have a tour of the facility next week. LOL.... Actually, I've been wanting to work out at a gym again. I've missed it since being overseas. The second person was SFC Snyder, of whom I deployed with. He wasn't selling anything - he is an employee of the business we were there with. It was really neat to see them both in the "civilian" world.


The Health Fair really was a success. I was there with two other professional massage therapists that I work with and most of the massage therapy students and a recent graduate. It was nice to be with them at such a fun event. We were busy the whole time with tons of different people. I got to trade on and off working on people with Shari - our recent graduate. (I was also able to get on the table where she worked on me for a few minutes and then I had her release my sub-scapula. If you've never had that done - man alive, it hurts like a ... well, you fill in the blanks.) There were a few people who have had issues with different massage therapists in the back, but hopefully I was able to change their mind that massage does not have to be painful.


Speaking of painful, well - not really, but Darby (another recent graduate) was at the facility when we got back from the event. I hugged her neck and we chit-chatted for a little bit, and then she ended up working on my back for about 30 minutes. I got up to the studio, and when she started working on me, I wanted to burst into tears. I had a lot of emotions that were coming up, but just weren't releasing from my body. It was crazy. You see, Darby is definitely a special woman, who I usually go to if I need work done. She's worked on my body, and knows how to help it release - physically and emotionally. When she massages, she massages with unconditional love, it's a beautiful thing. Although the body work was brief, it still made a huge impact on my body. Oh, and did I ever feel it when I went to work out this evening.


After a bunch of time passed by with working on my tax receipts, my "getting ready for Zumba" alarm went off indicating I had 30 minutes to change, get ready, and drive across town for Zumba class. It was a blast tonight. However, there were a few songs I didn't know, and OH MY LANTA, it was stinking hilarious to watch my instructor up there dancing one of the new songs. She was such a ham! I couldn't stop laughing! People thought I was crazy.... I didn't care, I was having fun. Then there are booty rolling moves that I just stood there and stared. I was like "uh uh... no no... not a bloody chance".... but once I got into the groove of the song, I started hamming it up a little too. It really was a fun night, and a fun day overall. (My body is a bit tight and sore - I wish I could have gone to the hot springs tonight to soak.)


This evening I was also able to talk to my parents on the phone and my second brother, Keoki. Yesterday was his birthday, so I called to wish him a belated birthday since I was out on the farm with no reception. Goodness, he was telling me stories that had me busting a gut. I don't think it would be appropriate to share his experiences with everyone here, but if you know my brother, it was funny. I really miss that brother and family. They live on O'ahu. I stayed with them after overseas and while I was going to massage therapy school. From their house, it took two hours one way (door to door) to get to my massage therapy school. I just spent most of the time on the bus studying. Granted, that was only if I wasn't sleeping, or watching a movie on my ipod.


Just a little personal note, I'll share that this past week I've been feeling a little reclusive. Keeping more to myself. Almost going internally. It's almost a strange place to be, but yet, very much needed. *sigh* Tomorrow, since I don't have an clients, I am going to make sure I do something for myself, but insure that it's out of my "normal" comfort zone. Who knows... I might end up at the four letter "M" word. LOL (Anyone catch on to it?)


Anyway, one love to all.


AND for "Gums".... XOXOXOXOXO
Glad I could make you laugh and smile.

No comments: