Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Poultice, Castor Oil, and Giggles.....

So, this turd looking beef patty really isn't either of those.... A turd or beef patty. And most importantly,  I wouldn't be putting it on my body if it was! As some of you may now, when I went to annual training for the military this past July, I ended up injuring my shoulder and my ankle. (Both on the left side of my body.  Ugh!) I can't express enough how much and constant these two pains have been. Let's just saw that it makes taking in massage clients when you hurt during their session and have inflammation afterward.

But - getting back to the brown crap on my shoulder.... lol This is actually a poultice we made to help draw things out and to help in the facilitation of helping it heal. It consisted of: honey (used to bind the ingredients), cinnamon (reduce inflammation- sort of - and increase blood flow), sulphuric salt, and dried comfrey.  Yes, it was weird to make, and it was even more weird to have put on my shoulder and ankle! But at least it smelled good!So weird looking, huh?!?!?!

The next few pictures are my shoulder and ankle wrapped in castor oil soaked rags that were heated and then placed over the poultice. The castor oil is really good at drawing out impurities and an all around great homeopathic healer.



I felt ridiculous! 


My attempt at a sad face. Lol

Ah! At last, here are two baby sunflowers - twins- that look like they are giggling. Jasmine pointed it out to me and said "let me show you our sunflowers!" I loved it. From our view, it actually looked like they were also holding hands.

One Love and light to everyone!

No comments: