Sunday, January 24, 2010

Watching Grass Grow

The other night, while my mom and I were talking, I expressed to her that the only other thing that is more boring that watching and waiting for someone to pass on, is watching and waiting for grass to grow.

Some of you may think that's a little insensitive to say about my dying grandfather, but it's true. Mom and I both had a good chuckle about it.

Last night was a good night, though. Mom had some of her musician and hula friends over. They played music, danced hula, and filled the home with lots of music and laughter. I reversed the baby monitors so Papa could hear what was going on in the front room.

My cousin Annie-Mac was also able to help Uncle Randall, my mom's brother, get set up with Skype on his computer. So, we had the computer going with Uncle Randall and Annie Mac, my mom and I in the room with Papa, and Uncle Sandford and Auntie Aulani on the other telephone and we were telling stories. Later, Uncle Sandford and Auntie Aulani were playing the 'ukulele and singing. It was a beautiful sound.

4 comments:

Emily and James said...

Hey Piligirl! I was reading your blog here, and wanted to let you know that James and I are still here in Vegas. If you need another break and get out of the house, we would LOVE to have you come over. You could also meet Sydney. In such a difficult time as with waiting for death, I have always found comfort in spending time with friends and family. You are welcome anytime! Let me know!

The Carter Famdamily said...

LOVED reading this story. YOU ARE AMAZING my friend I cant wait for you to get back here so I can squeeze you tight! LOVE YA

The Carter Famdamily said...

LOVED reading this post. YOU are an amazing lady! I can't wait for you to get back here so I can give you a big squeeze. LOVE YA and hang in there my friend

RUBY said...

I need to see you!!! you live in vegas??? I was just their for the sevens rugby game!!!! dangit. are you planning on going to the reunion in april?