Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Final Days

Well, some of you may know that my last living grandfather is now in his final days.

I am currently in Nevada assisting my parents with the care of the grandpa, and also helping them take care of themselves. It's been a long road for them- for all of us.

I flew in to Las Vegas last night, and initially got 4 hours of sleep with an hour sleep here and there since this morning. I'm running errands, talking to family members, assisting the hospice nurses and making arrangements for his passing. As odd as this may sound, I actually was able to administer my first suppository this morning. It's a good thing a part is just a part - because I'm not sure everyone can do what I've been doing these past 14 hours or so.

Work and school have been working with me and have been very understanding in my situation. I got things cleared and booked the next available ticket out here. (One way of course. I'm not putting a time line when to return to work, but I did let them know that I will probably be gone for a week.) Between studying for school, working out, helping my parents, and taking care of my grandfather - I have a feeling I'm going to be very busy.

I don't expect my grandfather to make it past this weekend, but you never know. He's already gone into renal failure, cannot eat/drink, is restless, and seeing people from the other side. I'm not sure who or what he's waiting on, but I hope he goes comfortably and soon.

Please pray for my family members that they will be comforted and can help one another through this.

One love~

1 comment:

djensen said...

Our prayers are with you