Well, it's day two since being in Nevada.
Last night I feel asleep on the couch- trying to nurse my pulled ligament in my foot. Being that I feel asleep early I also pulled night duty for my grandfather. During the night I could hear him moaning with some pain. I gave him his meds every 1 and 3 hours as directed. He slept well throughout the night. Even now, he lays in a supine position, eyes have darkened, cheeks sunken.
One of the blessings, I guess, of dying slowly, is that it allows other people to call in and say their thank you's and goodbye's. I was able to hear from a few of my mother's cousins, and my grandfather's cousins. It was great. During one of the calls, one of the hospice nurses got teary eyed. He hadn't heard so many people express their love and appreciation to someone like our family has been doing. Basically - Welcome to our family.
It's been sweet and rewarding to be here.
Today I spoke with my uncle and we were talking about grieving. Apparently people have been getting upset with him because he hasn't shown some sort of "grief". However, people need to understand that not everyone grieves the same. Some will wail with tears, others will cry silently, and others will mourn at a later time. Point is - we'll all grieve in our own way.
I feel - I'll grieve when I get back to Rexburg next week. And, that's okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment