Tonight was a night of sorts.
I almost had to break up a fight between a father and a son.
In my honest reflections of tonight's events, I've come to the conclusion that mental and verbal abuse is just as bad, if not - has longer lasting affects on someone than physical abuse.
Would I dare to let an event, such as this evening, keep me from getting married? No. But, it makes me take a deeper look into what I want in a companion, how I want to raise my children, and how to effectively communicate.
I don't have all the answers to: Will I ever see my son again? What do I do now? What have I done wrong? Will I loose the rest of my children?
What I do know and have an answer to is this: I can only give my heart to someone that I can feel comfortable and safe with. I know that I will get an attitude once in a while and maybe raise my voice a bit. But I also know that it's not in me to attack mentally, physically, verbally, or emotionally a person and deliberately cut him/her down. I know I'm not always right. I know I'm not perfect. But I have a lot of love to give, and that's what I want to focus on. The Love.
Let us all take an honest reflection of how we're living our life, tweak what needs to be tweaked, tighten a bolt where it needs to be tightened, and learn to laugh at our self.
Yes. For crying out loud, laugh once in a while!
1 comment:
Great post- awsome food for thought. I totally agree with everything you just said
Post a Comment