Tonight I'm pulling night shift since Auntie Candy pulled night shift last night via Skype. Just before I got on to blog, I got to see a very tender moment.
My mother didn't like the way his hair looked, so she got out the hair goop and brush and did his hair up. Then she kissed his head and said, "There you go daddy. You like that don't you? That must feel much better." Then, as she was heading out for the shower, she fixed his blanket and started to softly weep. "I don't know what I'm going to do when he's gone. I need to go visit the grandchildren and keep myself busy. I've been doing this for 24/7, and it's going to be hard not having him. He's the last parent. The last grandparent."
I don't think blogging can fully capture the tender moment between a daughter and a dying father.
Tomorrow makes exactly 10 years since my grandmother passed away. If he doesn't pass away by then, then I'm not exactly sure why he's still fighting. But, he's always done things on his own time anyway.
Tonight the dog has been pretty erratic also. Jumping up in the air, and being very clingy. The time is getting close. It's evident.
I'm praying that everyone who wanted/needed to say goodbye made their call in to Papa.
Well, I'm sure I have a long night ahead of me, and I'll probably be back on here blogging more information. (I'm at a lack of emotions at the moment. Not that it's bad-but my time to mourn will come later. But it will come.)
No comments:
Post a Comment