Well, since completing the 1/2 marathon, can you blame me if I'm a little tooooooo exhausted to exercise? (Please say no!)
So, yesterday, I go to MS 115 (not a schedule class day, but a great day to work out and exercise with other people), and we end up doing Swiss Seats (w/ ropes) and also doing our APFT to find out where we are at physically for when we have our final on the 9th. I must say that I was highly impressed with myself that I jogged the entire 8 laps around the track WITHOUT stopping once! Now THAT is a HUGE improvement compared to when we first did the APFT back in April. I just had to keep counting down the number of times left around the track, like I did with the number of miles I left during the 1/2 marathon. When taking the actual APFT, I think I'm going to wear my headphones to keep me motivated. I should put a few songs back to back that equal my goal time, so THEN, I can pace and gauge myself that way. I think I should finish training that way too! Ingenious idea!
Here are the requirements and my current stats and future goal stats:
Requirement to get 300 points:
p/u = 50
s/u = 82
run = 15:54
6/26/08 Stats:
p/u = 27
s/u = 35
run = 24:09
07/05/08 Goal:
p/u = 40
s/u = 55
run = 21:00
07/09/08 Goal:
p/u = 45
s/u = 70
run = 20:00
07/14/09 Goal: (Absolutely last day to "make-up" the APFT)
p/u = 50
s/u = 82
run = 15:54 or at least 19:00 (Major Esplin indicated that he wants us females to get in under 20 minutes)
Pray for me! I'm going to need it!
2 comments:
Before loading your ipod...practice running with the music. It's easy to slow down your pace if your music's tempo is too slow. For people with rhythm, they tend to start running to the beat of the music.
Hi Ikaika... I usually run with my ipod. If not, then I have a hard time getting into a rhythm. I like your advice of not putting slower music on there though. =)
Hope you and your family are well. =)
Post a Comment