Monday, May 5, 2008

52 Push-ups!!!!

Oh yeah baby!!! I did 52 push-ups!

Today, we ran through campus, up 3rd S., past Yale St. up to the dead end past the temple to 1st W., and back to the Hart Gym.

Major Wilson expressed that after the run, females owed 20 push-ups and males owed 50. One of the guys next to me did 50 and 1 for kicks and giggles. After everyone left, I kept going. And I did 52! All 52 done guy's style!

By the end of the semester, the guys need to do 50 push-ups in 2 minutes, and 50 sit-ups in 2 minutes! I'm going for gold on that one and push myself to keep up with the guys.

I'm so excited for the 1/2 marathon and to improve my muscles and strength on running, push-ups and sit-ups!

Having said that, wish me luck and keep praying that I'll get stronger, faster and endure longer!

"Tough things don't last, but tough people do!" - Larry Wickham

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Pili Aloha-
What's up girl. I'm so glad you contacted me!! And holy heck I'm impressed. The most push ups I was ever able to do was 20 guy ones, so keep on keepin on! And when I get back to Rexburg, you better believe you and I are going running and you are gonna kick my butt into shape!!! When is the marathon again? I don't know if we'll be back by then, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to come watch you run it and cheer you on as I sit on my lazy hind-quarters! :) Hey I started a blog too! richieandrachel.blogspot.com. Hopefully it keeps everyone updated. LOVE YOU! -Rach

Fenima said...

Pili girl a.k.a the woman of many talents, you are da bomb, oh my gosh I can't even do 5 without being out of breath. Push up is so hard.
You go girl! I need pictures please.
When are you coming back to the bay, I miss you.

Tutu Kane _ Tutu Hine said...

You go Pili Girl...wonder how many your brothers can do? Today that is! Sounds like a challenge boys! HEE! HEE! Dad says go up to 55 now! Once a Marine always a Marine...Semper Fi! Keep up the great work and remember to keep up the pace when your out of town or visiting others, one day off is 2 days to catch up! Love Ya! Mommie

Skye said...

Holy smokes girl! You're making me tired just reading about all the work you're doing! Way to go!