Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 3 - MS 115

So, today was day 3 of Military Physical Conditioning, and guess what? I was late. GADS! Fortunately, we had a guest instructor (or rather, unfortunately), who didn't know our names. Sad thing is, I feel bad! I slept through my alarm clock and before I knew it, the clock read 6:00 AM. But the time I rolled out of bed, prayed, took my pills, found clothes to wear, used the washroom, threw on some shoes and was out the door, it was 6:20. I was a few seconds late getting into formation, but in military time, THAT'S STILL LATE!

Oh well, I'll get over it. Today we had another run around campus, and guess what? I had more energy and strength to run it! (Thanks Eleena.) I still came in as the last female, but you know what, it doesn't matter, because I'm not in a competition with other people. I'm in competition with myself. I didn't stop as often, and when I did, I didn't make them as long.

The downhill was pretty easier as well too. I find that I tend to shuffle rather than taking "strides". So, on the downhill portion, I was practicing "not crossing my arms in front of my chest" when I ran, taking longer "strides" and "breathing". Believe it or not, my breathing, when I run, is as if I never get enough air. I'm working on breathing at an even pace making sure that my lungs and body get enough oxygen.

And here's a little discovery... I have biceps again! Seriously folks. I don't have to flex to feel my bicep muscle anymore. I just lift my arm at a 90 degree angle, and BAM BABY! I'm all muscular and sorts! Okay, so the bottom "flap" of my arm, I'm working on as well. (After all, that would be pretty weird looking to see someone with bicep muscles in the front, and then a bunch of skin sagging on the back.) Eww. Just the thought of that weirds me out.

Anyway, I'm excited for the 1/2 Marathon! I know how it feels to endure to the end, and I know I can be successful at it too. Keep praying and sending good thoughts my way! Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to run the campus again, and then head to hula. (Talk about getting a work out!)

Make it a great weekend, and take a walk somewhere. In whatever capacity, just be active!

Paz...

2 comments:

Tutu Kane _ Tutu Hine said...

You go Pili Girl! I cannot believe you got trashed....but if you endure half way be sure you will be able to endure to the end! our prayers are with you! Semper Fi! Mommie

TimLoraKat said...

Where are the before pictures? I want to see the mound of muscle!