It was my birthday, yesterday, May 26. Fortunately, I'm another year older, not so sure about the wiser, but definitely thankful to be alive and healthy. It was a great day filled with family, friends and food! (Not to mention, a nap!) Basically, this post will be mainly of the pictures I took yesterday. Thanks everyone for sharing this day with me. Hope you enjoy!!!
I love being able to go home to Lewisville once in a while. It always feels like home to me.
Patsi made Quiche, homemade biscuits with honey, homemade jam, and fresh pressed apple cider. It was a great breakfast. It was sooooo good that I passed out with a full, happy tummy on the recliner!
John & Linda were also there. They brought me pictures of my mom and dad playing and having a good time at a luau that was held in Las Vegas. I thought that was pretty neat! Thanks!
Here's a picture of my Lewisville Family:
Patsi, Grandpa "Chick" Rock, Lee & Pili girl
P's B-day at the Hanson's
I must admit, I have some really neat friends. All of whom I appreciate and love immensely! Remember when I said I had a feeling that something was going on and that someone was going to have a party for me? Well, my "party sensors" were correct! So, here's a little insight of what we did! Enjoy the photo's and bust a gut watching the videos!
This is Bryce. He delivered our pizza! Nice person.
Here's the pizza (on the right). Can you tell what kind of plant that is in the background? If not, let me help you out. It's one of my other favorite flowers! It's a gardenia plant!!!! That was definitely a great gift!!! =) Oh, and of course, we can't forget the rootbeer! (I'm kind of regretting drinking a lot of rootbeer last night.)
Winnie
This is Winnie!!! She wanted to come and have a good time too! She's Dr. Hanson's cat for his birthday. Winnie was a hoot... here she is in full pawing mode attempting to get at the strings of my jacket. She really was a lot of fun to play with and watch!
Opening Presents
I just finished opening up my presents. Obviously, I'm still camera shy! (Just kidding...)
Hey... wouldn't ya know, I got a "Mahalo" 'ukulele (green), 'Ukulele strings, a picture frame and chocolate twizzlers.
People waiting around for the food to arrive! "Where's the food?"!!!! (Listed bottom left to bottom right: Travis, Ryan, Emily Y., Emily May, Jen and Scott.)
More people waiting around for food and bonding with each other. (Left to right: Scott's shirt, Tamra, Tamara, Kim and Bryan Bybee)
Balloons!!!!!!
Lots and lots of balloons! It's amazing how much fun a few balloons can add to a bunch of people just looking for a little fun.
... more pictures of balloons...
A video of playing with the balloons:
The "Cake"
Check it out... we didn't have enough candles to put on the cake, so they decided to write out my age. (Yeah, yeah... I'm 27, so get over it!) =) *Oh, and friends, remember, some of you are still older than I am!*
Waiting for a slice of cake:
Tamara showing off her "slice" of cake. (Actually, her car load had to go, and she grabbed a "to go" for the car load.)
Playing Pictionary
I must admit, it's been quite a while since I've played Pictionary... it was fun!
Travis rocked on his picture!
Here's Emily Yeckley doing her thing with the hygiene!
THE SPOON GAME
Last fall, I was introduced to "The Spoon Game". I will also admit, I don't like to play it often, but once in a while, it's soooo much fun! (Especially to watch.) I only put one of the video's up here for fear of loosing friendships of the other people I videoed! (Emily May and Brian Bevan... much love to you both!)
I love this video! Bryan Bybee is our favorite spoon game player! He makes the rest of us happy with his dizzying performance!
Well, I hope you enjoyed my "Memorial Day Birthday"!
Oh, and Lorita, esto es para ti.
¡¡¡¡¡ Te Quiero !!!!!
¡Chistes!
3 comments:
I had no idea my birthday and yours were only 3 days apart?! Isn't May the absolute best month to be born in? I think so. Mine is May 24th FYI. I wish I would have known about yours sooner. But I still love you mucho!! It looks like you had fun, which is a good thing. My favorite part is your picture of the pizza man. "Nice guy" you say. You crack me up. Love you!
Finally! I am so happy that you FINALLY put a picture up of yourself! I love my pic. You are so cute. Happy Birthday. I am glad you had fun and ate well! I am curious about the Jamba Juice Day...please do tell!
Te Quiero!
Looks like you had a lot of fun for your birthday. I hope you ate lots of cake... you can never have too much cake!
Post a Comment