Saturday, May 7, 2011

An Adventure for Sure!

Helllooooooooo, Darlings!

Well, these past few days I've had the opportunity to go out with some of our teams and take photos of them. Most of them are of the Soldiers getting ready for missions etc. I do have to admit, I've been able to get in some of these pictures, too! YAY! I think you'll laugh at some of them.

This one is of me putting a gunner's harness on. (Why they only got me with a weird face - I'll never know.) The Convoy Commander let me ride in the gunner's hatch to take some photos. Granted, I also had to be aware of my surrounds and scan the area for any kind of threat, but IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!




















Here's a picture of me sitting on the little webbed seat swing that, surprisingly, fit my bottom. The actually gunner jumped up and took a photo of me. He thought it rocked that I was up there. Then, he had to complain that the driver was going extra gentle on his driving because I was up there. Bah - I didn't care. It was a sweet deal.
















Then, the gunner got my camera again and took a picture of me coming out of our vehicle. I don't know if you can notice, but I'm wearing my glasses and my eyes are a bit puffy. The night previous, I guess, the mosquitoes had a field day on me and decided to bite me on my eyelids. I had to spend an hour just trying to get the swelling down in my eyes. It was horrible!





















Okay... I'll end here for this mission. I hope you read the next blog though. It's pretty stinkin' cute! Today we had our "Race for the Cure" (Cancer Run) and a lot of people wore the shirts, but others also got into it! It was a great morning. I'll see if I have time to post it on here a little later.

1 comment: