Monday, May 12, 2008

MS 115, Lungs and Jackson

First off: HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!

Whether you're a mother, expectant mother, grandmother, aunt etc, hope your day was fabulous!!! =)

So... Class on Wednesday, 7th of May, resulted in the MS 115 & Ranger Challenge class running ladders on the field with push-ups, sit-ups, flutter kicks etc... between each run. Towards the end, when we had to run the 5 yard "suicides", I was definitely out of breath.

Oh... so, is a heart rate of 138 normal, after "walking" up a flight of stairs? NO! So, I went to the doctors because that got me concerned, especially since we have mold in our house and I've been progressively getting sick. Well, the doc found some stuff in my lungs. We're trying to rule out other things first. MEANING, I'm on drugs. Yup, antibiotics, puffers, inhailants etc. One of the big side affects I've had so far are 1) vomitting and 2) tremors. Honestly, I could handle the first, the second, on the other hand (ha ha... pun intended... okay, never mind...), is frustrating. It takes about a good 45 minutes for my hand, right hand specifically, to stop shaking. It's pretty bad when I'm typing and keep hitting double letters or double numbers. (Maybe the next time I take my inhailer, I'll get on this and type without correcting myself, that way, you can crack a joke or get a good laugh.) =)

Side note: Sad day, plans for Memorial Weekend might change. No comment.

Okay, so I was asked to post a few photos on here, and even though I know what the person meant, here's some photos... not of me... well, maybe here you go.

DRIVING PHOTO:


I thought this was a neat shot! I love digital cameras! I think it's been one of my best purchases yet!

(And thanks to Bro. Andersen for encouraging our class to take pictures, too!)



Oh, and these pictures are of me taking A.D. and Scott's things to Jackson. (I went to Jackson
through Swan Valley. It was beautiful, although the pictures may not look like it.


WATERFALL PICTURES:

This is a cool waterfall I saw on the side of the road. I got excited, and decided to take a picture of it. liked this picture... (on the left) Kind of neat!
Story behind the the two water pictures:

Has anyone ever told you to "never slam on your break in the middle of traffic, or especially in the middle of the road"? ha! Well, yeah, don't ever do that! =)

As I was drving through one of the mountain passes, I saw this little waterfall off the opposite side of the road, and as thankful as some one who slams their brakes in the the middle of a highway, I was very thankful that no one was behind me. (Actually, I think I was the only one on the entire highway!) I turned around and jumped out of the car like a little girl who just got a favorite doll or something, and ran/ skipped to the water. If anyone was watching, they would've gotten a big kick out of my giddiness to see a waterfall!


ANTLER ARCHES PICTURE:

This next picture is of the antler arches in Jackson Hole. While I was waiting for A.D. and Scott to drive up from Utah, I took the priviledge to "window shop". (Afterall, it was Sunday!) I stuck my camera in the arches and figured that some kind of a "cool" shot would come out of this, and guess what? I think It's kind of funky!


Oh well, such is my life, eh?

BEAR PHOTO:

For those of you who have been to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, you may recognize the different animals that are carved into the sidewalk posts. This bear is one of them. I thought it was cute and took a picture. =)

Hope you enjoyed the "photos".

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Pili, you're a regular Ansel Adams!! Those are some cool pics. I'm sorry you're feeling sick and having to take drugs and stuff. That's a bummer. I miss you!! How is the burg? I heard it snowed the other day! ridiculous. Love you!

Fenima said...

Love the pics...just beautiful