Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 Timothy 4:7

Yesterday a great man passed away. My dear friend and co-worker, Larry, passed away from cancer and an inoperable tumor. The tumor was massive and growing at an extensive rate consuming and destroying everything in it's path. This University and it's many surrounding areas and states will definitely miss this great man, his accomplishments and his passion to work and serve hard.

Lately, I've been wanting to do something different. Something that I can say that I've accomplished, and be healthy and love myself even more for. Something that stretches me and allows me to grow and to conquer the "impossible" and the "yeah, rights's". SO, I signed up to run a 1/2 marathon.

Yes, you read that correctly, on June 14th, I'm running the Teton Dam Marathon. http://www.dammarathon.com/ The course will be 13.14 miles. (Remember, this is a 1/2 marathon.) The longest I've ran is a 10k back in grade 11 and 12, so this will be quite the challenge for me. I've usually considered myself a "swimmer", and now, I'll be a "runner". My goal for this 1/2 marathon: "To Finish My Course".

2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:"

This race will be for Larry. The next event I'll train for? I don't know... maybe the Rush Triathlon 2009. Stay tuned.

Larry: This one's for you.

2 comments:

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

AUNTY!!!! im on blogspot too!!!!hahahahaha,,,yeah! ok so my personal one is fabulouslifeofruby.blogspot.com and i have a business one too....whiteenergy.blogspot.com...check it out! i love the singing and i want more! please! love you mucho mucho! love robin!~

RUBY said...

ok heres my ruby blog!
stay in touch!
xox