Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh Canada!

So far the only people I've seen from the mission have been fellow missionaries, April and her small family (she helped Sis. Ashton cook once in a while), and also Shay Petrone. (I served my first area in his home ward.)

Cambridge! Lovely Cambridge! How blessed I was to be able to serve my first are in Cambridge. There were many people of whom I came close to and carry deep in my heart. The Harrington/Petrone family is definitely one of those families.

Sister Harrington, "The Girl Hot-Line", would talk to my companion and I about missionary work and "boys". Yes, even sister missionaries talk about boys once in a while on the mission.

Anyway, Shay Petrone (Sis. Harrington's son) came through Idaho and it was such a joy to see him again! He joined my friends and I at our opening Olympics Ceremony party. Oh, and he ate a cold won-ton! =)

Here are a few pictures of our eventful time together.

I introduced Shay to the wonderful makings and delicious undertakings of "Millhollow". "The Rexburg Experience". =)

We went to the University and spent some time there attempting to contact a few of Shay's buddies out here. No luck. THEN, we were able to take a quick tour around campus and also around the temple. It was a nice time together.

Can you believe I went to the mall? Shay's lucky I love him! Here's me and Shay at the Wray's home, the night before I headed out to Chicago. Not a very cute picture, but oh well... it's what it is!

PEACE YO~

No comments: