Saturday, January 14, 2017

Happy Samhain and the Aspen

*** This was originally written on October 31, 2016.***


During the end of another year I sit in reflection of how my life has changed, evolved, died and blossomed. It is unique that during this fall, going into winter season, many will cringe at the fall of the Autumn leaves, complaining about the raking, or the crisp chill settling in the air.

Through my reflection of self I feel and see myself as the quaking Aspen. In full bloom I feel my strength of the leaves on my branches. Grounding myself deep into Mother Earth being fed and sustained. My branches reach outward and upward giving gratitude and receiving love from Father Sky. Turning my face to the Sun for warmth as it's rays melt deep into my veins. My leaves quake and shimmer as I listen to the whispers dancing on the breeze.

When my leaves fall, it is not a death I am undertaking. It is the shedding of another glorious cycle of life, experiences and adventure. I embrace the slumber of the wintery snow and the deep nourishment the white wetness brings to my roots. Its twinkling flakes dance in the mid-day sun as it twirls to kiss my branches. There, joined with other snow flakes, they rest their dancing bodies on my strong and extended limbs. I welcome their company.

It stoic silence the night air stills and I am in awe of the starry sky. They reflect the dance of the mid-day snow against the darkness above me. I listen. There is silence. Only the pulsing of the Earth between my roots and the occasional breeze heard by the Evergreens across the field and the slight sway of the naked twigs of the wishing Willow.

I use this fall and winter to go within and reflect on the changes happening within myself and the areas of enlightenment it provides. I see my strengths. My weakness. My misunderstandings. My joys. My growth. Like the Aspen, I go within, reflect and strengthen, and look forward to the blossoming in the Spring. For now, I rest.

It's a New Year. Samhain is here. The night when the veil between the living and dead are gone. The time with life and death are celebrated as it portrays the evolution of life. To live. To die. To live again. To die again. To be born. To pass.

I hope everyone has the opportunity to celebrate their new beginnings in a beautiful way, and that you allow your self reflection to be an time for creation and evolvement. Above all, please remember that YOU ARE LOVED in your transitions. Always love.

No comments: