Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Long Few Weeks

Since my surgery in February, I thought I'd have a lot of down time to rest and catch up on some projects that has been in the works for quite some time.

Surgery itself was quite the adventure. I had a friend scheduled to take me to and from the hospital, however, she ended up getting really sick. So, I had to scramble 1 1/2 days prior to surgery to find a replacement. I was so grateful that I found two people to help me at the last minute. Sadly, neither of them really care for each other, but that's okay - it wasn't about making friends; I needed help.

It took a long while for me to come off of the anesthesia. Schedule for surgery at 1330, came out whenever.... but didn't leave the hospital until after 2130. I was nauseous, light headed, and kept having the bobble head affect, and I couldn't fully feel my legs underneath me. They felt really heavy.

Anyway, a friend of mine insisted I stay at her house that night. I'm glad I did. She took me home the next day - and that's when a large part of the adventure really began.

Over the next week or so, I was playing the adjusting medication game. And attempting to cook for myself was just as hilarious. You see, I practiced doing a lot of my daily things using my left arm and hand and I became a pro. HOWEVER, I didn't take into account opening a can of food, washing dishes, or putting on a seat belt would be such a pain in the behind. LOL

One reaction I had to my medicine is that I was so constipated that I was in so much pain! One night I couldn't sleep and was so uncomfortable that I was praying to die! Seriously!

Okay, well, I believe I'm done typing for now. (I started this months ago, and just finishing it today. LOL!!!)

One love

No comments: