Just wanted to say that I miss salsa dancing and my salsa buddy at Prosperity. My little ray of sunshine is gone - but I pray he has an eternal life of happiness...
So - with all new things, I just have to "adjust and shift fire" or rather, go with the flow and do the best with what I've got. Besides, I think I'm developing my own little ray of sunshine over here... (Don't ask questions, because I'm not going to tell you. You all can make your own assumptions on anything and everything I just typed.)
An update on the new area in bullet form:
- We get more people everyday... breakfast this morning was a chore to find a seat for four people.
- I found out I'm staying in the S1 shop (Human Resources) as the assistant S1. (At least I now know I have a place, a function and a purpose.)
- I am also now our point of contact and webmaster for our unit's secure networking side. I get to manage the web page, update information, post documents and up coming meetings etc.
- I have been farmed out to the Battalion to work on our Yearbook for the deployment.
- Tomorrow (27 July), I have a years worth of photos and write ups due. Yay me! (sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm)
- I bought bread and jelly to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the times I'm either too busy to go to chow, or when I'm feeling a little anti-social. :)
- I've stopped wearing mascara (the only war paint I wear anyway) because of the dust, etc. I have to admit, it's been SUPER GREAT not to have to worry about that. Yet, at the same time, I sometimes see myself in the mirror and have to do a double take because my eyelashes are so light and thin that at times it seems that I don't have any eyelashes at all! ha ha!
- I have narrowed my school choices to two: Idaho or Utah
Okay - that's all for now. Love you all heaps!
3 comments:
I am so bummed...I thought you were on your way home, not getting transferred. How much longer till you come back to the states? We miss you!!! Even though we aren't good about keeping in contact, the kids pray for you every day. I hope all goes well in your new "city". Can't wait to see you again.
Pili,
I miss you so much. I have come to realize that friends like you are few and far between. I love you to death. Cant wait to see you again
I saw your pictures in maine!!!!!! I cried! Love you girl see you soon!!!!!
Post a Comment