Some of you may know that Valentine's is not my favorite "holiday". None-the-less, just like the sun rises, Valentine's Day and the month of February will always "come to pass". Ha! Yet, another overrated and commercialized holiday to "boost" the economy. (Don't get me started on that.)
This year, I'm going to try and do something a little different. I am actually making a bunch of
Valentine's for our living area. Let me clarify... not just my chu, but our entire "pod" living area. That is... approximately 165 Valentine's. Phew! That's a lot! Man alive, I'm not sure how I'll be able to make each one unique. But, I'm hoping that this will get me in touch with my inner child when making Valentine cards and giving treats to others were fun and given with unselfishness.
Unselfishness - you know... I guess that could, in essence, be the "spirit" of Valentine's Day. Letting other people know that they are thought of, appreciated, and loved. (Even though I don't dare say that I particularly "care" of some of them. At least in a small way, I can say that I love everyone... but I would just "love" to see some of them stuffed. Oh... I said another mean thing, huh? Blah)
Anyway, I'm grooving to my "Colbie Caillat" station on Pandora and hope to finish at least 20 more Valentine stuff today. (I'll be putting them on the doors, and will make some letters that spell out "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY" and hang them from some of the cargo net hanging on the walkways of some of the chus.) Hopefully I'll be able to take pictures and them post them on here after the damage is done. :)
Okay - I'm going back to letting the creative juices flow! (Oh! No I'm not... going to the gym instead.)
One love!
Oh, and if anyone is serving here with me reading this blog.... PLEASE DON'T BLOW MY COVER! Thanks!!!!
P~
4 comments:
Pili, I'm so very proud of you and what you are doing is awesome! You are so brave and I admire your sense of adventure in life and enjoying every minute. I hope you stay positive and safe. My prayers are with you and the other military personel always, Love Venae
I thought I left a comment...I feel I'm doing something way wrong...does this mean I'm not good at this stuff...I think so.
I think I got it!!! Pretty much all I said was how much I miss you!!! I will be writing to you asap! I got your card and it made me cry!!! Love you bunches friend!
-Baldy
Pili, I heard that you were in town a few days ago. Sounds like I barely missed you :( It's good to hear and read about all your adventures! Enjoy your time off. I heard you might be heading back to SLC before you fly out. If there's a chance I can drive down and meet you before you go let me know. At the same time I know you're busy and completely understand if not. In any instance be safe and enjoy! Love ya!
Post a Comment