Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Aloha from Kaua'i!!!

First off, for those of you who are familiar with Shipwreck's Beach... it's now overrunned by hotels! I couldn't even find the beach! There are about 3 different hotels there with only a small road with about 15 parking spaces that lead to this once great place! Seriously, have the beach is gone to these hotels. So sad! But, I must say, the water was rough and great today!

Well, my first part of being on Kaua'i is just about over come tomorrow. I have less than a week until it's back to O'ahu and then to Idaho. It's crazy to think that my 3 weeks is nearly complete.

Some of the adventures that I've had here on Kaua'i is attending Tutu Lady and Tutu Man's graveyard, going to Anini beach, Kalihiwai, Waipa, wet and dry caves, hiking sleeping giant, visiting Mom Brenda, locking my keys in the car, staying with and visiting with Uncle Philip and Auntie Liz's family... whoa... Keliikoa can play slack key and 'ukulele better than any of my cousin's put together! Chris is soooo tall and is someone I was able to talk military with. (He was in ROTC his first year of college. Great bonding time.)

My niece and nephews are sooo big! Tonight we made spam musubi for Hali'a's fieldtrip tomorrow and also for Auntie Julie. Julie ate one for the first time and liked it. I have pictures and videos that I'll have to put up here soon. You'll like them!

Anyway, I have to finish loading the pictures. More to come soon!!! =)

2 comments:

Skye said...

AHHHHHHHHHh musubi! I haven't had that in years...literally...i think i might go out and make some tonight. YUM!

Ross, Jean, and Marcus said...

So jealous. Sounds like you are having a great time. i remember when my BYU roommates used to make spam musubi and then i would be sure to get some everytime I went to hawaii because i really liked it. Hawaii is a special place!